Friday, August 27, 2010

Dining Out!

When I know I am eating out I try and go to the restaurant's website's nutrition page first. If they do not have one I will most likely choose another restaurant that does. I have found that if I go without checking first I will consume more calories than I expect. I think I make healthy choices, but when I actually look it up, I have consumed about twice the calories and fat I had expected. Once I figure out what I will order, I plan the rest of my meals and snacks accordingly.

Today's Planned Nutrition

Workout

Granola Bar (pre-workout)
Banana (post-workout)

Breakfast

Frosted Mini Wheats (52 pieces)
Skim Milk (1 cup)

Snack

Rice Cake
Cinnamon Peanut Butter (2 tbsp)

Lunch

Turkey Tenderloin (4oz)
Steamfresh Broccoli (.5 cup)
Brown Rice (.25 cup)

Snack

Pear
Green Pepper
Hummus (2 tbsp)

Dinner (Panera Bread)

Strawberry Poppyseed Salad w/Chicken
Reduced Sugar, Fat Free Poppyseed Dressing

Calories: 1,343 Fiber: 25g
Fat: 32g (under) Sodium: 1,866mg
Carbs: 216g Calcium: 45% RDA
Protein: 75g Water: at least 80 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment