Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to Running!

I ran this morning!!! WooHoo!!! I was not planning on it, but I got on the treadmill and my knee and tendon was feeling pretty good. I could not keep myself from running. I took it somewhat slow. I ran for five minutes and walked for three for twenty minutes plus warm-up and cool down. I was feeling quite good. I was a little worried about how it would feel after I was done and throughout the afternoon. It only hurts if I twist it a certain way, but it is feel much better. I have hopes that I will run on Friday. I think I am going to put the half marathon in November on hold for now and focus on the Susan G. Koman 5k on October 30. I believe I can prepare for that as long as my knee holds out.

August 25th
31 min Stairs (Avg. Speed: 54)
30 min Treadmill (Miles: 2.3)

Yesterday's Nutrition

Workout

Mini Pancakes 6 (pre-workout)
Yogurt (post-workout)

Breakfast

Frosted Mini Wheats (55 biscuits)
Skim Milk (1 cup)

Lunch

Pork Chops (3.5 oz)
Steamfresh Mix Vegetables (.5 cup)
Potatoes (100 g)
Peach

Snack

Banana
Pita Chips (1 oz)
Hummus (1 tbsp)

Dinner

Chicken Tenders (4 oz)
Carrots (.5 cup)
Grapes (.5 cup)
String Cheese

Bowling Snack

Protein Bar

Calories: 1,526 Fiber: 24g (under)
Fat: 38g Sodium: 2,120mg
Carbs: 208g Calcium: 123% RDA
Protein: 106g Water: 96 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment