Monday, March 29, 2010

5K Results!

I did it!!!! I finished my first 5K. My official time was 37 minutes, 12 seconds, 8 milliseconds. I placed 60th in my age group out of 104. For my first race that is awesome. I had tears in my eyes as I crossed the finish line. I have come a long way in the last year and this is just the beginning. I did not run the whole thing, but I am fine with that. There were several hills on the course and I did get a little wore out. I did run at least the first mile. My dad was there to root me on. I appreciated that very much. The rain did hold out for me. It rained on the way, but it stopped by the time we got there. This made me very happy.


Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me throughout all of this and my training!


I want to post the pictures here, but I am having a hard time doing so. I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment