Friday, March 19, 2010

A Huge Smile!

The last two days have been crazy. Wednesday I woke up late and did not get to the gym and I was really looking forward to it too. I was ready to get on the treadmill and run. Well, that did not happen. I then was asked to stay over with the kids, so I did not get the the gym Thursday morning either. I did make some extra money though. Which is always a good thing. I did get off early and thought about going to the park. But, I took my extra time and went shopping again. I took back the clothes I did not want from the last time I went shopping and bought more clothes. I was on my feet the majority of the day though. I did take the kids to the park and like I have said before, shopping and trying on clothes is a workout.

After two days away from the gym I was ready to get back and really looking forward to my run. My goal this morning was to run for twenty-five minutes, adding five minutes to last weeks time. Well, I reached that time and still felt good, so I went for thirty. I thought running for a half an hour would be awesome and bring me closer to my goal. I reach thirty minutes and had five minutes left on the treadmill before it went to cool down. So, I decided to run another five minutes. I ran a total of thirty-five minutes!!!!! WooHoo!!! I ran 3.2 miles, past the distance of a 5k. When I hit the cool down time I had a huge smile on my face. I had just accomplished a goal and it happened sooner than I expected. Now if I can only do that outside I would be even more excited. I have eight days until my 5k run and I am getting pumped.

March 19th
5min Warm-up
52min Treadmill
10min Stairs
10min Abs
10min Stretching
Mileage: 5.0

Gym Time: 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment