Monday, February 8, 2010

Lessons Learned

I had a rough day yesterday with eating. I went to two parties and did not consider what I ate. Pizza all around. Hopefully, this will not effect this weeks weigh-in. I did not get to the gym or run yesterday either. This morning I woke up with an upset stomach, but decided to go to the gym anyway. I was not sure if I would be able to run, but figured I could strength train. Those ideas went out the window. I tried running and my stomach was fine. I followed the C25K program. Run ninety seconds, off ninety seconds, run three minutes, off three minutes, and repeat. I repeated twice and yes I hit the three minute mark. Woohoo! Having a days rest helped very much.

Three lessons learned in the last couple of days. One, I can not eat like I used too. My stomach has shrunk and if I do I feel miserable. Two, I need to contain myself when going to parties. It is very easy to eat food that is not good for the body and a lot of it. I can eat the food, but in moderation. Three, I need to give my legs and body a day of rest in between training days. In doing so my body will give a better performance.

February 8th
10min Stretch w/foam roller
40min on Treadmill
20min on Elliptical
5min Abs
5min Stretch
Mileage: 5.0

Gym Time: 80 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment