Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reality Check

Today I got up and went to the gym to do some strength training. I spent an hour there and then I went to the park. It is a beautiful day out, so I knew it would be perfect. For those of you who live here in Knoxville, I went to Lakeshore Park. This park has many, many hills and I chose this place to run. I think that was a little mistake. Anyway, I started to run on flat ground (I have no intention of running up the hills) and that is when I got a reality check. I had a rough time. Just as I expected I would, but I was hoping I could push through it. I could not. It is so much different than the treadmill. I thought I was doing well accomplishing the C25K program week to week on the treadmill. I am nowhere close to being able to run the 5k the whole time. So, in the next month I will be getting outside every time it is nice out, trying to build up my endurance. I also think I need to find a high school track to run on to get my endurance up. I was able to finish the 3.1 miles in forty-five minutes, but that is not where I want to be.

February 20th
10min Warm-up
55min Strength Training
10min Stretching

60min Walking/Running at the park
Mileage: 4.2

Workout Time: 135 minutes

Weigh-in: 178.2 (This is so exciting. I am in the 170s, lost more than 2 pounds, and I am no longer obese...I am overweight...according to my BMI.)

No comments:

Post a Comment