Thursday, February 4, 2010

Working Hard

I split my workout today in to two sessions. I went to the gym early this morning and strength trained and walked a mile. After work, I went back to the gym and trained for my 5k. I pushed myself really hard today and went away from my training program. I started out running two minutes and walking two minutes for a total of twenty minutes. This was hard but I pushed through it. Then I ran for a minute and a half and walked for a minute for the next ten minutes. I finished my training session with going back to the "Couch to 5k" program, doing one minute run to one minute and a half walking for ten minutes. I completed a 5k in 41.5 minutes. It needs work, but I think that is awesome with it only being week two of my training. I really feel I have accomplished a lot in the last week and having something to train for has pushed me and inspired me. I am getting really excited about my first run.

February 4th
Workout #1
10min Warm up
50min of Strength Training
15min on Treadmill
5min of Stretching
Mileage: 1.07

Workout #2
42min on Treadmill
5min Cool Down
Mileage: 3.32

Gym Time: 130 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment